Moving from manual and outdated processes to automated solutions for the distributive market requires the implementation of Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) software that enables the rapid exchange of data between trading partners.
Today, EDI is the most commonly used technology in the digitisation of business interactions and supply chains, and a must-have integration with any business management software and ERP system.
EDI allows for the efficient, cost-effective and rapid transfer of trading information such as purchase orders and invoices among business partners, suppliers and customers.
Here are a few benefits of integrating EDI Software in your business operations:
- Transferring data electronically eliminates the need for manual intervention. The seamless exchange of data improves the accuracy of communication to and from parties involved in the supply chain operations, reducing errors and speeding up business processes and sales transactions.
- EDI Software eliminates data duplication and the need to reintroduce information already captured in the system. If you are struggling with high volumes of data entries and information updates, using EDI Software helps you maintain secure and accurate company records instead of relying on manual work.
- A key benefit of EDI is the quick access to records and the automated tracking process, ensuring all information can be easily traced in the system when needed.
- EDI also facilitates the instant updating of information across your business, ensuring consistency. The seamless integration of EDI with financial, ERP software, supply chain or warehouse management software ensures that all documents contain the most up-to-date information.
- EDI integration with online commerce platforms facilitates the online ordering process, invoicing and electronic pricing updates.
Digitising your supply chain processes starts with a reliable EDI solution that manages and facilitates the smooth transfer of data in the supply chain system, helping your business optimise operations.
Contact us HERE to find out how an integrated EDI solution can assist your business